We collect information you give us when you register for and use the MiBlackBox Service, which includes:
- Registration Information. When you register to use the MiBlackBox Service, we may collect various kinds of information about you including your name, phone number, sms addresses, email addresses and contact details of your friends, family and/or guardians (“emergency contacts”).
- Information we collect when you interact with MiBlackBox. We collect personal information of the actions taken while using or interacting with the MiBlackBox Service such as adding emergency contacts or information related to emergencies and incidents and communications that occur during and after such events. When you use the MiBlackBox Service, we may automatically collect information from your browser or mobile platform including your browser type, location, IP address, as well as the pages you visit. We may retain the details of transactions or payments you make in connection with or related to the MiBlackBox Service.
- Payment Information. Whether you choose to make payment by credit card or by debit order from your nominated bank account or in any other manner, our certified payment collections agent collects your payment information and/or billing address. MiblackBox does NOT hold this information
- Submissions and Customer Service. From time to time we may request personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information in the course of your use of the MiBlackBox Service. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. That information may include your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
In general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of and our administration and operation of the MiBlackBox Service, and to otherwise provide the MiBlackBox Service. For example, we may use your personal information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve our publications, products and the MiBlackBox Service;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, offers from MiBlackBox or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you notifications from time to time for the duration of your use of the MiBlackBox Service; to contact you; to respond to your emails, text messages, comments, requests or complaints; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from MiBlackBox that better meet your needs; and
- for any other purposes about which we notify you.
Inviting family, friends and guardians to join: When you ask us to invite a friend, family member, or other guardian to join the MiBlackBox Service, we may send such person a message on your behalf using your name and contact details. The invitation may also contain information about other users such person might know. We may also send reminders to them in your name. Only invite people you know with their permission to do so.
We may, from time to time, start a business relationship with other businesses who we think are trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may hire Service Providers to provide services like hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information they need to perform these services for us. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the type of information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information except as permitted by us.
MiBlackBox takes reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. Whilst we take all reasonable steps to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems or the systems of third party storage providers through the MiBlackBox Service are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information. As a precautionary measure, we encourage you to download any information stored on your behalf and to the extent necessary, carry out regular back up’s.
Your account information and access to our service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password/pin. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password/pin confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password/pin has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password/pin in an unsolicited phone call or email.
MiBlackBox may send you communications or data regarding the MiBlackBox Service, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of the MiBlackBox Service, including any notices concerning breaches of our terms and conditions, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services. You may optout of receiving promotional emails from MiBlackBox by following the optout instructions provided in those emails. You may also optout of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing email@example.com with your specific request. Optout requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services.
You can access, update, rectify and delete the information you provided to us in your profile by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, log onto www.miblackbox.co.za or dial the USSD string *120*8821#
In accordance with applicable law, you may:
- request access to any other personal data we hold about you and request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked;
- request that we refrain from further use of any personal data we hold about you; and
- object to our creation of user profiles about you.